blogdesign

Friday, December 21, 2012

Shakeology Update

In attempting to to run a half marathon, finish classes for my bachelors, I also remained devoted to my experiment with Shakeology. I've been drinking it for a couple of months now, so I feel it's time to update everyone on what I think about it.
First. I still only use 1/2 a scoop instead of a full scoop of powder. I just can't handle the thickness of a full scoop. So, I either have a shake for breakfast, and one after I workout, or just 1/2 scoop shake a day.
Using 1/2 a scoop makes it go a little further as well, giving me more bang for my buck. A 1/2 scoop shake only costs about $2 a shake ($2.50 if using the individual packets).
Second. I can tell a shift in my energy when I don't drink my shake. I have a little less energy than if I start my morning off with a shake and a piece of fruit.
Third. Sometimes, I choose not to drink it for breakfast, but have it in the afternoon between lunch and supper. When I do this, it helps me fight off the urge to turn a late afternoon snack into a 7 course meal. Seriously, 3:30-4:30 is my weak time. That's the time where I try to drink as much water as possible, eat healthy, and not crash and burn. Sometimes, its a huge struggle, other times  I'm ok. But the shake has really helped out in this area.
Fourth and final thing I like about the shakes; variety. I have tried the chocolate, tropical strawberry and greenberry. My favorite is the tropical strawberry. I have added blueberries, bananas, yogurt, pears, etc. Every time I add additional fruit, not only do I stay full even longer, but it is delicious. With the chocolate, I have added peanut butter, and my favorite shake is mint chocolate shakeology. 8 oz skim milk, 1/8 teaspoon mint extract, 1/2 scoop chocolate shakeology and a cup of ice. Blend in a blender. It remind me of a healthy version of an iced peppermint mocha. I've already had it twice this week.
So there you have it. Honestly, its worth the hype. It's worth the investment because I feel good, and I know I'm putting good stuff in my body.
Thanks for reading, have a great day and Merry Christmas!
Emilee
Phil 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment